Dust plays in the fictional world of Falana, which is inhabited by human-like animals. The game world consists of two-dimensional levels. The player takes control of the title character Dust, who tries to remember his past. Dust has a living sword, the blade Ahrah. Fidget, the Guardian of the Sword, acts as Dust’s Companion and can shoot missiles.
During the game, the player can find power-ups that permanently change the game mechanics, such as the ability to make a double jump or climb to a previously inaccessible level. The game also includes elements of role-playing games; Dust can earn experience points by defeating enemies to level up. Thus, various values, such as hit points or magic points can be increased. The player can interact with non-player characters, buy or sell items, and receive quests.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible video card with shader model 3.0 support
- Direct X®: 10, Windows Media Player
- Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB HD space
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers
- Input: Keyboard